Definitely one of my most popular recipes to date! This is an EXCELLENT way to hide vegetables from kids and picky eaters, they will never know the difference. The vegetables add nutrient density, fiber, and volume to the burger and make it moist and extra delicious. This burger is just as juicy 5 days after you cook it!!
yields 6-8 burgers
- 1 lb organic, grass-fed 85% ground beef
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms, finely diced
- 6 oz roasted red peppers, finely diced
- 2 cups baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp Weber Bold N’ Spicy seasoning
- 2 oz crumbled full-fat feta cheese
- 6 large green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- additional roasted red pepper for topping
Dice mushrooms, peppers, and spinach very fine (see picture below). Add feta cheese and mix well. In a separate, large bowl, combine beef, egg, garlic powder and seasoning, mix thoroughly. Fold in vegetable mixture until evenly distributed. Form patties and cook in skillet on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until desired temperature. Place patty on piece of green leaf lettuce, top with pepper and avocado and enjoy!
Nutritional Information: Total Calories 177, Total Fat 11g, Carbohydrates 2g, Sugars 1g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 17g, Sodium 170mg, excellent source of zinc, vitamin B12, and vitamin K