Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Autoimmune and Digestive Health Expert
Weight Loss Expert
Behavior Modification Specialist
I’m Heather – a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in Southern California who is passionate about making health & nutrition easy to understand and implement into your already crazy life.
My own journey to health, happiness and a fulfilled life was by no means “linear” or easy, but has helped streamline yours with what I’ve learned along the way. And that’s exactly why I created the Nutrition Vixen community.
When I was 18 years old, I was diagnosed with a chronic kidney disease and was unable to get health insurance. I was pregnant with my oldest daughter and I became extremely ill, dependent on IV meds to support myself and my baby girl.
I was told by doctors that I would need a kidney transplant and/or dialysis, but I knew that neither of those were options for me…I had to figure out a way to manage this disease so that I could live a healthy and happy life and manage my chronic illness.
I became a dietitian because of my own struggles with an autoimmune disease, as well as having many food intolerances and digestive issues that are far too common but not talked about enough!
The ever-changing and entirely confusing world of nutrition can be difficult to navigate – especially when you’re struggling and don’t know where to start – I understand that first hand.
The fad diets, juice cleanses, calorie restrictive and “clean eating” diets that plague your social media feed just make your head spin – and never end up working anyway.
Through my own journey, countless hours of research and trial and error, I arrived at a point where everything came “full circle” for my health and I felt balanced, confident and completely unrestricted…
I “cracked my code” so to speak.
And you have your own unique code to crack too! I’ve coached hundreds of clients to find their own journey back to themselves and to living the healthy and balanced lives they desired.
The word “health” in Greek actually translates to the word “wholeness”. You don’t need another fad diet or cleanse, you need to feel whole…balanced…alive!
My goal is to help empower and educate you to take ownership of your journey and create that balanced and fulfilled life you crave.
It’s time to bring your health full circle, and that’s exactly what I’m here to help you do.
Facts about me I’m proud of or have worked hard for, and little random facts:
- Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics from Fontbonne University
- Master’s degree in in Multidisciplinary Health Communications (Behavior Theory)
- I opened my own private practice Nutrition Vixen in 2014
- Certified personal trainer through NASM
- Coffee is my one addiction I’m never willing to give up.
- Originally from Saint Louis but moved to Southern California in 2016 and it was the best decision I’ve ever made!
- I have two beautiful daughters who have grown into amazing women.
- I have FIVE younger brothers and one sister…so I’m basically tough as nails.
- I am obsessed with crystals and have quite an impressive collection…
- I truly believe that we all have access to an amazing, fulfilled life where we can feel great and wake up with gratitude.