Chipotle Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 ” cubes
- 1/2 cup white onion (I used frozen, chopped)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper ( I used frozen, chopped)
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapeno (I used jarred)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground Chipotle chili powder
- Himalayan sea salt and black pepper to taste
In a medium size pot bring water to boil, add sweet potatoes and boil for 6-8 minutes. Drain the water and set aside to dry. In medium size skillet heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium high heat, add onions and peppers, stir often and cook until onions become translucent. Remove cooked peppers and onions, set aside on plate. Add remaining olive oil to pan and add sweet potatoes, green peppers, onions, jalapenos, garlic, cumin, Chipotle chili powder, salt and pepper making a single layer. Cook mixture until potatoes are browned stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
If cooking meals for one or for leftovers, this is a great dish to incorporate as a breakfast or dinner. The Chipotle sweet potato hash can be served as Sweet Potato Sausage Skillet or Eggs and Sweet Potato Hash.